Asbestos is mostly used as a fire-resistant material in houses and other buildings. They have been in practice since the later 20th century as well. But even if it’s useful in resisting fire – it still is extremely harmful to health and the surrounding. Diseases like lung cancer and asbestosis are ailments that people can suffer from exposure to asbestos. That is why before buying a building or house, even selling it, there should be a thorough inspection for any signs of contamination of asbestos. If there is, eliminating and removing such toxic substances should be carried out as soon as possible.